The value of pensions and the income they produce can fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
Transferring out of a Final Salary scheme is unlikely to be in the best interests of most people.
Retirement planning is crucial for all of our clients. In order for clients to retire comfortably and maintain their standard of living, it is essential that their options are regularly analysed and reviewed.
FA Wealth have provided a retirement planning service to our clients that has enabled them to understand their projected income in retirement, what shortfall if any they have, and how they can achieve their required retirement income or goals.
Our retirement planning service establishes what current pension provision clients have as this can be made up of various types of pension. The main four categories are:
- An existing (live or preserved) personal pension scheme
- An existing (live or preserved) Occupational pension scheme (Commonly known as “defined benefits”)
- An existing Contracted-Out of State Earnings Related pension Scheme (SERPS)
- State Pension
Our initial meeting, which we call the Discovery Meeting, reviews the benefits of becoming a client of FA Wealth and explains the advice journey that we follow with our clients. We use our Client Journey Document to help illustrate this which you can view here. As part of this meeting we will complete Letters of Authority to allow us to investigate your existing provision so that we help you get to where you want to be by knowing where you are. We will also complete a Department of Work & Pensions form to establish your state pension benefits entitlement at your state retirement age which is no longer at a standard aged 65 for men or 60 for women (please ask your Consultant what your state retirement age is).
The Letters of Authority are then sent to your existing providers, with a list of technical questions to understand the charges, benefits, guarantees (if any), performance and restrictions within the plan. Once we have received all the relevant information from each of your plan providers and have details of your state pension entitlement we then complete a full analysis of your current provision and come back to you with our advice and recommendations. This usually forms two pieces of advice:-
- A review of your existing provision with the aim to ensure your charging structure is competitive and if not how you can benefit from a more suitable charging structure, potential consolidation (all funds in one place), a more appropriate fund choice and relevant investment based on your attitude to risk, but also and most importantly a plan to provide on-going service on a face to face advice basis from FA Wealth to ensure your pension is regularly reviewed.
- Establish any shortfall within your retirement planning and show you how you can overcome this shortfall.
To get to this point we will have completed 2 visits to your home, completed a detailed investigation and analysis of your current provision and provided you with a full recommendation of what you need to do and why. The exercise to this point has only cost you your time during the two client meetings.
Only if you choose to take our recommendations will we charge you for the advice and our Adviser will fully explain how these charges are made during the first meeting.
Contact us or call us today on 01793 750101 and let us do the running around to review your old pensions and existing pensions.